Introductory Practical Philosophy
Do any of us really know who we are? Or why? For thousands of years, philosophy has been searching for answers and seeking the truth in everything. Through Practical Philosophy we seek understanding not through theory, but from our own direct experience. Living life to the full.
Free course – our students’ gift to you
Thanks to the generous support of previous students on this course, we are able to offer this introductory course completely free of charge (our other online courses currently cost £50). It’s an inspiring gesture of support for the pressure and strains people face at this uniquely challenging time.
- A range of sessions on different days and times – choose the one that suits you
- Click ‘enrol’
- On the next page, enter voucher code ‘livefree’
- Classes will be offered remotely via Zoom
- Over ten weekly sessions you’ll consider philosophical ideas and questions relevant to everyday life
- Each session is one hour long
Read our FAQs
Weeks 7 & 8: The present moment
Where: 11 Mandeville Place, W1U 3AJ
What we’ll cover in these sessions
Living in the now, mindfulness.
What is the potential of the present moment?
We review our own experience of attention through a model featuring attention centred, captured, open and scattered, and how these each relate to the past, present and future.
We examine the extraordinary brightness and freedom naturally available in the present moment. A straightforward practice is introduced to help us experience this more frequently.